Frequently Asked Questions | Try Financial

Extensive Range of ServicesAcross all lending sectors

Friendly Professionals delivering honest and knowledgeable advice

Whole of Market Accessfinding the right solution for you

Remote Servicingexpert advice without you leaving your home or business premises

Frequently Asked Questions

Who are Try Financial Ltd

Complaints or Disputes
Where you have a complaint or dispute with us and we are unable to resolve this to your satisfaction then we are obliged to offer you the Financial Ombudsman Service to help resolve this. Please see the following link for further details:
Are you independent?
Yes, Try Financial Ltd are independent and have access to over 100 lenders throughout the UK.
Where are you located?
Our head office is located in Ipswich with various offices through the UK such as Woking, Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Colchester, Wealdstone, Hounslow and Central London.
Are you authorised by the FCA?
Yes, Try Financial Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Our financial services registered number is 679270. You can check this on the financial services register by visiting the FCA’s website: or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768.

Commercial Finance

What level of funding support can I expect on a new development project?
Usually between 90 – 100% of build costs, and 65-70% of the project’s gross development value.
How much can I borrow on a semi commercial property which has a ground floor shop and two flats above?
Generally speaking, you can borrow up to 75% loan to value, with the actual amount lent dependent on rental income and affordability.
I have a 12 bed room HMO which I am looking to refinance on better terms. Can you help me?
Yes, we can.
I have an opportunity to buy a property which is in probate currently, and at a price lower than market value. It needs some work doing to it too, and the executors want a quick sale. Can you assist?
Yes, we can access bridging finance at competitive rates, at 100% of the purchase price and no more than 80% of market value.
I have done re-furbishment projects before but not ground up developments. Are you able to find a lender for me, who will support my new development project even though I don’t have direct experience of completing one before?
Yes, we can.
I own my business but not the premises however, I am looking to buy them from my landlord. What level of deposit am I going to need?
Usually in the region of 30 – 35% depending on the level of profitability of your enterprise.
I wish to expand my business. Are you able to find a loan suitable to help increase the number of tables in my restaurant and increase my turnover?
Simple answer is “yes’. We have a diverse lending panel of lenders who will provide funds and offer different ways of doing this to suit you and your business.
As a first-time commercial property investor, are you able to help me find funding?
It is usual for lenders to seek experience but, we do have access to lenders who are comfortable with applicants who either have a small residential investment property portfolio, and those with who have no experience at all.


Do you offer any other services?
Yes, we can also offer Energy performance reports and Wills.
Can I use the services to sell my property?
What happens if my sale collapses?
You would only pay for any searches completed.
Do I have to visit the Solicitors office?
No, it is all done by email and telephone.

Credit Issues

I have no credit and my bank have declined me
Not all lenders look at whether you have any credit.
I was made bankrupt 5 years ago, can I get a mortgage?
Yes, there are lenders that will consider an application.
I have I have a large default of over £40.000 from 4 years ago, can I get a mortgage?
Yes, we have lenders that will look at your circumstances.
I have a CCJ, does this mean I cannot get a mortgage?
I have missed mortgage payments
We have lenders who will look at your application sympathetically.
I have a very poor credit score and my bank has declined my application
We can help you as we have lenders that do not credit score.


Can I raise funds on my current home to buy another property and rent out the one I currently live in?
Yes, that is called let to buy and we can arrange this for you.
Can you help me with shared ownership or help to buy?
Yes, we can help you with those.
Can I remortgage to pay off some debts or raise money for my daughters wedding?
Yes, we can help you with that.
I have poor credit, can you help me?
Yes, we have lenders that will look at clients with CCJs, defaults, missed payments, IVAs and even past bankruptcy.
I have only been in my job for 4 months does that matter?
Not necessarily, you are not on probation.
I am self employed and only have one years accounts
We have lenders that will look at one years accounts.
Do I need a deposit?
Yes, a minimum of 5%.
How much can I borrow?
This will depend on your income, is it guaranteed and what credit commitments you have.


I have had a subsidence claim and now my insurer has put the premium up substantially
Let us quote for you, we may be able to save you money.
Is critical illness cover expensive?
It is more expensive than life cover. Critical illness cover pays out even if you survive.
I have no mortgage protection, should I have some and is it expensive?
It will depend on whether you have any cover at work, if not or if it is not enough, we can top that up and no life cover need not be expensive. A 20-year-old can get over £175.000 cover for £2.50 a week.
I have had a number of claims on my house insurance and now cannot get cover
We have access to specialist insurance brokers who will be able to quote for you.
Can I protect my income in the event of illness or accident?
Yes, there are various options to give you peace of mind.
Do I have to insure my property?
Yes, if you have a mortgage on it.

Second Charge Loans

I need to raise funds on my property quickly and I have been told a remortgage could takes 6-8 weeks
We can get funds within 2-3 weeks.
I am struggling to pay my mortgage as I have lots of expensive credit
We may be able to help with that by adding to your mortgage. We would consider all of the interest rates and monthly payments to see whether that would be best advice.
I am on a very good rate for life but need to raise funds as I would like to buy an investment property
Yes, we have lenders that will provide the funding for that.
I have a large redemption penalty but need to raise funds for my daughters wedding
We can do that, and you will not have to pay the redemption penalty.
I need to raise funds to repay an HMRC bill
We have lenders who will provide the funds to pay this.
I have a very poor credit score and my bank has declined my application for a further advance
We may be able to help you as we have lenders that will do this.

©Try Financial